Stay or Go?
Stuck in indecision?
It’s being termed ‘The Great Resignation’, we are calling it ‘The Great Rethink’. People are rethinking where, when, why or how they want to work and live. The overarching question of whether to ‘Stay or Go’ is on people’s minds now more than ever, whether that’s deciding to move to a different role or place, change careers, find better working conditions, or go from paid employment to stay-at-home parent or freelance, there have never been so many possibilities.
You know what they say, the more possibilities the greater the indecision. Mulling over the same points about why you should ‘stay or go’ is exhausting, frustrating, disheartening and sometimes downright infuriating because it gets you nowhere nearer coming to a decision that feels right for you.
Does any of this sound familiar:
- Scrabbling for insight by scrolling through jobs and/or houses online, only to feel more disheartened?
- Covid has compounded your dilemma and has you questioning what opportunities and challenges this new world presents.
- Afraid you will choose the wrong path and forever regret it?
- Restless for the right answer to suddenly materialise but waking up every morning on repeat?
- Starting to feel anxious that time is ticking on, if only you knew, you’d do everything and anything to make it happen if you did…
Periodically dipping in and out of thinking about life-changing decisions that stir up so many emotions on our own or with someone who has a vested interest in our decision, doesn’t lead to breakthrough moments of clarity.
What impact is your indecision having on your relationships, career, quality of life and finances?
The consequences of not deciding on whether to ‘stay or go have a trickle-down effect, in particular, it affects the other decisions you make.
Some of the consequences of putting off deciding if you should stay or go:
- impacts career; decide not to go for promotions or find a different job/career etc.
- impacts love life; decide not to seriously date or give the impression that you don’t want to fully commit
- impacts important relationships; for example parents, partners, kids, and friends feel like they are living in limbo
- impacts finances; deciding to live in the now and putting off buying or doing up a home can affect your buying power
- impacts happiness and well-being; uncertainty carries with it uncomfortable feelings, thoughts and emotions
- impacts self-confidence; always feeling something is wanting/missing, sense of identity and self-assuredness compromised
- impacts your future self; put off making long-term plans, volunteering etc.
Making an informed decision gives you the headspace and energy to improve your overall quality of life.
Indecision → Clarity
Introducing the ‘Stay or Go’ online coaching programme where you will:
- learn effective decision-making coaching tools and techniques that will strengthen your conviction
- demystify what a fulfilling, successful career that plays to your strengths looks like for you
- capture the essence of what a life well spent according to your values means to you
- be challenged to face and overcome what is preventing you from making a decision
- be inspired by the opportunities that are available to you
- widen your perspective through an exclusive global group of like-minded people facing and overcoming the same challenges
- take meaningful action that brings clarity of thought and a sense of knowing
- be held accountable to take small action steps
- dive deep into your mindset, to make sure you have the knowledge AND the confidence to follow through
‘Stay or Go’ – Career & Life Coaching Programme
Aim: Clarify if you should ‘stay or go.
The programme is designed using evidence-based Neuroscience Coaching underpinned with Positive Psychology approaches to support you to overcome challenges, reaching your full potential and increasing your sense of inner knowing.
Be supported by experienced Career and Executive Coach Patricia Tiernan who is based in Ireland. Patricia designed this programme based on empowering coaching tools that have enriched her life and countless others.
The ‘Stay or Go’ Programme will support you to:
- clarify your career and lifestyle aspirations
- uncover and overcome what is keeping you stuck in indecision
- learn a repeatable intuitive decision-making life skill
- be playful when making challenging decisions
The power of group coaching is that you get to tap into the wisdom of the whole group and strengthen your ability to make the best decision for you.
Accelerate decision time, capture your ideal life, safe in the knowledge that you have given it the expanded thought and effort it deserves.
We are excited about launching the ‘Stay or Go’ group programme, as it’s not only going to support people to decide but to flourish in their career and personal lives.
Ready to get more from your career, but have no idea where to start
or how to make sure you actually follow through with making a career change?
Meet Leap Career: the 12-week program designed to get you
thinking differently about your career so that you can unlock career opportunities, generate more income, make more impact, and enjoy your life more.
Doors are closed until 2023.
- Inside Leap Career Coaching Programme you’ll get 12 weeks of strategy, accountability, and support that has already helped hundreds of people get unstuck, clarify and secure their ideal role
- Two 90-minute 1:1 Zoom Career Coaching sessions that will support you to overcome your challenges and identify career opportunities
- Six 60-minute live online career change strategy group workshops helping you to reimagine and take control of your career. Every second Thursday at 8 PM (GMT).
- Six 30-minute live question-and-answer sessions where you get to ask Career Strategist Patricia Tiernan the questions that are keeping you stuck on repeat. Every second Wednesday at 1 PM (GMT)
- On-demand videos, resources, exercises and tools supporting you to clarify what you want next from your career through a proven framework that will save you time, boost your confidence and energy
- Lifetime access to the career coaching learning portal and to the private question-and-answer career strategy calls
- Exclusive discounts to CV, Application and LinkedIn Writing services
- Opportunity to expand and strengthen your professional network
- Hear about potential career opportunities
- Online learning portal full of downloadable career decision-making tools and techniques
- Recruitment trends as seen in Ireland 2023
- Salary and benefits negotiation tips
If you keep doing the same thing you are going to get the same results. Challenge your way of thinking, join us, and do something different, to get different results.
‘Stay or Go’ Group Coaching Programme Coach:
Patricia Tiernan is the Founder of Leap Coaching, a qualified Executive and Career Coach with a Masters in Personal and Management Coaching. Some Career highlights are working for Apple as a Talent and Acquisition Specialist in its EMEA headquarters and as an HR Advisor for Peter Jackson’s post-production film company in New Zealand. She has lived and worked in the US, France, China, and New Zealand and recently decided to relocate with her family to West Cork, Ireland. She has extensive experience in coaching people from entry to senior level, including Multi-Nationals, Third Level Education, Public Service, and the Pharma and Technology sectors.
Frequently asked questions:
How long does each of the on-demand training modules take?
Each of the six modules takes an average of one to two hours to complete.
So, you can either set your pace with the support workshops and question and answer calls, making steady progress over the 12 weeks. Or you could complete the entire program in much less time by only engaging with the on-demand material.
My career background is unusual will this program be able to help me?
Patricia has extensive experience in coaching people from entry to senior level, including SMEs, Multi-Nationals, Education, Public Service, Self-employed, Pharma and Technology sectors. The framework will support you to gain clarity regardless of what role you are currently in, and the one-to-one support will ensure that any unique needs are catered for.
Will I have to take part in the live sessions?
You can interact as much or as little as you like.
I’m having difficulty deciding if I should sign up, what should I do?
Feeling indecisive could be part of your challenge, this programme provide you with decision making tools that you can use for life.
We have very strict confidentiality policies, for each program, only one person per organisation will be accepted unless otherwise agreed in advance by the particular participants affected. We ask all participants not to share external individual disclosures discussed in the workshop.
When will the one-to-one coaching sessions take place?
You will be given a link to book your coaching at a time that suits you within the 12-week program. Starting your one-to-one coaching mid-way through the program rather than at the beginning is advised.
I can’t attend the live sessions will I be able to clarify what direction to take my career without attending these?
Yes, if you can’t join the live sessions, you will be able to follow at your own pace through the on-demand material and recordings.
Can I get a recording later?
You will be able to access a recording for seven days after the recording.
What will happen in the Leap Career Group Calls?
Each session will reveal the common challenges which hold people back and offer new insight into how to overcome those challenges. You will get to meet people who are navigating the same issues, and who will support you to expand your thinking and overcome your fears.
“The collective wisdom of the group often exceeds what is possible from an individual perspective in a short time.” Marcia Reynolds
‘Stay or Go’ Group Coaching Programme Cost