Large multi-national companies, particularly in the Pharmaceutical sector and the public sector use assessment centres to short-list candidates. Assessment centres are growing in popularity because they are seen as a more accurate means of assessing if candidates have the skills and competencies needed for the role and for shortlisting high volume of applicants.
While the need for psychometric testing and group assessment activities is understandable it does not make it any less daunting. Many people may only attend an Assessment Centre once in their lives and may not know anyone they can speak to who has gone through a similar experience.
Common questions when called to attend an assessment centre might be:
- What can I expect to happen at the Assessment Centre?
- What are the assessors looking for?
- How can I best prepare for psychometric tests?
- What can I expect from group exercises and how can I best prepare?
- How can I reduce the anxiety I am feeling?
Leap Coaching provides tailored one-to-one training that will answer these questions and support you to effectively prepare for the tests and activities that are part of your assessment day.